In the last three years, we found out that majority of the clients (local and international) want to be clear on data, feasibility of a potential investment and where the opportunities for growth are in Nigeria. Furthermore, existing operating ventures want to add value to their standard operating procedures and improve their bottom line. Understanding the market dynamics and various routes is key. Innovative(blended)approaches have been found to be the solutions to most of the problems. These innovations often require smart policies to sustain them and achieve desired goals. Some of the strategic advisory services we have undertaken in the last three years include:
- Feasibility of Developing Aggregation Centre’s in the Kano River Irrigation Scheme Project (KRIP) Zone in kano State for the tomato and other Fresh Perishable Produce sector.
- Proximate Analysis of Tomato Processing for SMEs adoption and scaling up in Nigeria.
- Support to Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) Abuja to develop sector summaries to drive investment promotion in agriculture (rice, tomato, maize, dairy and cassava) and non-agriculture sectors (power, transportation, solid minerals, manufacturing, oil, and gas, and maritime – blue economy for the maiden edition of Direct Investors Summit Nigeria (DISN May 21-23, 2018).
- Technical assistance in selecting qualified private sector beneficiaries for support from GAIN project towards strengthening their business model or starting properly.
- Promotion of innovation and provision of market access to prototype machine designed for primary processing in the cassava sector in Nigeria for an agribusiness donor agency on behalf of AFG – Africa Foresight Group.
- Operationalizing the Inter-ministerial Agriculture Nutrition Working Group at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Office of the Minister of Agriculture, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Survey of Medium to Large Agribusiness Operations in Nigeria covering 11 states – Ondo, Lagos, Oyo, Plateau, Kaduna, Katsina, Delta, Kano, Borno, Katsina, and Jigawa.
In the last three years, we found out that majority of the clients (local and international) want to be clear on data, feasibility of a potential investment and where the opportunities for growth are in Nigeria
- Analysis of policy and recommendation of synthesized document to ensure effective coordination and organization of tomato triangle states TT+ comprising of Plateau, Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina states for Technoserve Solutions to Poverty. August 2019 to February 2020.
- Study of Sources of Growth of Small and Medium Size Agribusinesses in Nigeria: A comparative value chain Analysis between Nigeria and Vietnam for The World Bank Group.
- Food Loss Initiative Project on Dairy, Yam, cassava, Pepper and Tomato Value Chains in Nigeria for the Business Desk of the Danish Embassy in Nigeria.
- Background study of Nigerian Agriculture Landscape for Danish Government Potential Areas of Collaboration with Government of Nigeria.
- Background Study of Nigerian Educational Landscape/Structure for Danish Government Understanding towards Designing of Capacity Building Programmes for Agribusiness Development in Nigeria.